Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Red cross confirmes ethnic cleansing in Kagera, Tanzania

Evidance of the serious human right abuse in Kagera, Tanzania, is accumulating! But there are still no reports from independent observer inside Kagera. Lorries now pick people from their homes during nighttime. My impression is that too many "follow the situation from a distance", not realizing that there are already enough evidance for immediate observation on site! Read the words of this young women that tells Red Cross in Rwanda what happened :

Fayce Uwamwezi, a 26-year-old mother of three children and eight months pregnant, says that the local military had come around in the early evening and told everyone to get out as they were all going back to Rwanda, had no business being in Tanzania ? and that their house was to be burnt. ?I implored them to have pity on us,? she says, ?but they told me that if I didn?t leave the house with my children, they?d burn it anyway. My husband was then taken away and not allowed to talk to me.?Fayce has not seen her husband since and does not know where he is. Some people in the camp tell her that he is dead.
Source: http://www.ifrc.org/docs/news/06//06070601/index.asp